How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  I am a businesses law attorney, with experience advising and representing owners and investors.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Does a foreign corporation that has all of its income and expenses

This answer was rated:

Does a foreign corporation that has all of its income and expenses outside the United States but is owned by a US citizen have to file a tax return with the IRS

Attorney William B. :

Dear Customer, the foreign corporation does not have to file taxes within the US (under the circumstances you describe, i.e. no income, expenses, or assets in the U.S.). The corporate shareholders would have to report any gain or loss on their shares depending on how the corporation is structured (this is different from the corporate profit).

Attorney William B. :

I hope that the above information is helpful, if you have any questions, please use the “Reply to Expert Link” and I will follow up promptly. Once you are satisfied with your answer, please rate my service by clicking on the “OK” “GOOD” or “EXCELLENT” buttons, if you believe my service is anything less than “OK” please stop and tell me what additional information or clarification you need to make your experience satisfactory.

If you have any further questions, or if I missed or misunderstood what you were asking, please do ask and I will follow up promptly, You may continue to follow up if further questions arise even after rating my response.

CalAttorney2 and other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you