Esquire38
Esquire38, Attorney
Experience:  I have extensive experience in private practice with corporate and general business law.
72168037

Hi, I attended a personal development training class. During

Hi, I attended a personal development training class. During that class I registered for another class. Subsequently I have found that I am unable to work with the trainer. He will not refund my money for the class i signed up for which takes place at the end of April. The application states all fees paid are nonrefundable. Is this legal?
Hello, and thank you for asking your question today. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to help you.

Unfortunately, there is not much you will be able to do in situations like these. When you applied, and the application had that non-refundable disclosure, you were basically agreeing that you not be able to receive any refund, even if you decide to cancel. It's the same deal as a contract.

The only thing you could attempt to do is threaten to sue him in small claims court. If he doesn't bite on that, then you could of course take him to small claims court, and argue your situation to a judge. The judge would hear both sides of the story and decide who is right. It doesn't cost a lot to file a small claims suit.

I wish it were better news for you. It sure sounds to me like he is being completely unreasonable with you. I hope it works out for you in the end, just keep pushing. You could even try filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. It's free, and sometimes that scares companies and people into loosening up in these situations.

I hope you are happy with my efforts to answer your question. If you need anything else, please let me know and I will be glad to help. If you could please rate me after accepting my answer, I would appreciate it. It's the only way I receive feedback for helping you. I will follow up with you in a few days.

Thank you.