ANDREA
ANDREA, Attorney
Experience:  25 yrs exp Real Estate & Business Transactions, Post Doctoral Degree, LLM, Taxation
20073497

if you didnt sign a contract to buy a business for 15000 because

if you didnt sign a contract to buy a business for 15000 because you didnt agree to the written contact he wanted you to sign. but you had already givin him a 2500 dollar deposit so you could get the keys to start painting.because you thought when you seen the contract it was going to be what he said. what can or should i do if he wont give back my deposit. thank you

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX my goal is to provide you with Excellent Service,

I am sorry to hear that the seller is keeping your deposit.

If the contract which the seller presented to you was not in accordance with the terms and conditions you had verbally agreed to, then you certainly were not obligated to sign the contract and the seller has a legal obligation to return your $2,500 because he does not have your signature on any contract that would entitle him to keep your money. If you have tried to get the seller to refund your money and he still refuses, your only recourse is to sue him. You could sue him in Small Claims Court for the return of your $2,500 and you will not need a lawyer in Small Claims Court, so you will not incur legal fees,

If I have not Answered your question fully, please let me know by using the "Reply" button and I will be glad to explain further,

Please be kind enough to rate my service to you as "Excellent Service", If you are given a survey, please be kind enough to leave some Positive Feedback, I would appreciate it greatly,

Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you,

ANDREA

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i did sign what he wrote out by hand as a bill of sale stateing i gave him 2500 dollars but in no way did i or do i believe it to be a contract.the contract was three days later and was 16 pages long and required a notory to witness. your thoughts please

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

did you get my question. i havent recieved a response

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i have not received a response.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

please respond

Please accept my apologies, I just received your follow up question,

The fact that you signed a piece of paper acknowledging that you paid the seller a deposit of $2,500, is not the same as signing a contract of sale. You needed something to acknowledge that you gave a deposit of $2,500 and you were expecting a written agreement which represented the verbal agreement you had with the seller. The contract which the seller ultimately presented to you did not represent your negotiations or verbal agreement with the seller and the paper you signed relating to the $2,500 will not substitute for the contract. Therefore, there is no contract with the seller and he must return your $2,500 and if he does not, then you will have to file a lawsuit against him for the return of your $2,500 as I outlined in my previous Answer,

ANDREA

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thank you so much for your help i can sleep now. thank you.