Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  16 years practicing attorney, JD, BA, MBA
19958803

misdemeanors

it is hard to find work with anything on your record.  any suggestions

an exboyfriend charged me with third degree criminal trespass class 1 petty offense1997 plea of guilty supposedly.  sentence status active communi svc 16hrs.  how do i get this off my record?

Hello and thank you for using JA! My goal is to provide you with excellent service and help with your legal problem.
.

I hate to say it, but NY does not allow a criminal conviction to be expunged or sealed.

In New York, expungement of an arrest record is available when the matter is resolved in favor of the person who was arrested (i.e. charges were dismissed or the person was acquitted at trial). But once a criminal conviction is entered (and assuming that the conviction is not overturned), expungement of that criminal conviction is not available in the state of New York.

.
If you were to petition the Governor for a pardon and be granted one, then you would be eligible to have the offense expunged. But realistically, pardons are very rare in New York.
.

.

.

Thanks.

.

Please don't forget to rate my service "OK" or higher. It is only then that I receive credit for my work.

.

If you need further help, just reply to me via the “REPLY” button and I will be happy to continue.

.

I cannot enter into an attorney client relationship, this is a public forum, and all posts are available for public viewing. There is no duty of confidentiality that attaches to any posts. The information provided is not a substitute for a local attorney’s legal advice.

.

.

Thanks.

.

.

.