MShore Law
MShore Law, Attorney
Experience:  Drafted Negotiated and/or Reviewed Thousands of Commercial Agreements
17924466

How easy is it to change the name of a Florida corporation

How easy is it to change the name of a Florida corporation and ensure that no record of the previous name is XXXXX XXXXX the corporation beyond the date of that change?
Thank you for the post, I am happy to assist you by answering your questions. Unfortunately the prior name is XXXXX XXXXX of public record and cannot be sealed, therefore it really is not possible to change the name of the corp and erase any reference to the prior name. When you change the name by submitting your Articles of Amendment that will be on file as well and viewable to the public, even via an online search through the Secretary of State's website: http://ccfcorp.dos.state.fl.us/search.html Please let me know if this does not answer your questions or if you have any follow up questions. If I have answered your questions, please positively rate my answers.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Ok, so what you are saying is that it is straightforward to change the name of the corporation but the original name will still be viewable by others, but will not appear in any new corporate documents, filings and other such legal and commercial correspondence. Is that correct?

The tax ID and other Florida numerical references will stay the same I assume. Is that correct?

there is likely to be an ownership change at the same time. Is that likely to throw up any difficulties?

Yes, that is correct, and your tax id will remain the same. The ownership change should not present any difficulties. Please let me know if you have any follow up questions. If I have answered your questions, lease positively rate my answers.
Steve, do you have any follow up questions? If I have answered your questions, please remember to rate my answers positively. I have no control over the law unfortunately, and I DO NOT receive any credit for answering your questions unless you positively rate my answers.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I do not have any follow up questions. Thank you for your information.

Thank you Steve, have a great day.