How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MShore Law Your Own Question
MShore Law
MShore Law, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 25285
Experience:  Drafted Negotiated and/or Reviewed Thousands of Commercial Agreements
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
MShore Law is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a judgement in place and a garnishment that the employer

Customer Question

I have a judgement in place and a garnishment that the employer has in the past several months been sending sporatic payments, with lesser and lesser amounts. The amount is not paid up and the employee is still working there, How can I find out what's going on and what to do?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  MShore Law replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for the post, I am happy to assist you by answering your questions. Have you contacted the employer to request an accounting of the employee's wages to determine whether the garnishment percentage has remained constant?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No, how do you do that? Do I have to go to court again?

Expert:  MShore Law replied 4 years ago.
Do you have the contact information for the employer's HR division, or if a small employer its corporate office or main office?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.


Expert:  MShore Law replied 4 years ago.
ok, contact the employer, in writing, via certified mail, explaining that the sums received pursuant to the garnisment order have varied wildly, and in some instances no sum was received all, and that prior to filing a motion against the employer to show cause, you would like to allow the employer to explain/justify the variances rather than assume the employer has violated the garnishment order. In your letter allow the employer 10 business days to respond in writing, else you have no choice but to file the motion to show cause. Please let me know if this does not answer your questions or if you have any follow up questions. If I have answered your questions, please positively rate my answers.