How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dave Kennett Your Own Question
Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 27689
Experience:  25 years practicing law
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Dave Kennett is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can you sue and ebay seller that lives in a different state,

This answer was rated:

Can you sue and ebay seller that lives in a different state, the guy didn't give me a refund when I returend an item. Ebay wont protect me they claimed that the post office didn't get a signature but I paid for that service. I have emails and messages saying the guy was going to refund me then he just stopped responding.
Dear JACUSTOMER - Yes you can sue for the refund but you will have to sue in the jurisdiction where the defendant resides. I am assuming the amount would be within the jurisdiction of the small claims court so you can do this without an attorney and you can file the paperwork by mail. You will have to contact the small claims court in the city or county where the seller resides and ask for the forms or see if they have a website where you can print out the forms. Once you have your forms filled out you can send them to the court for filing. If the case does not get settled you will eventually have to appear for trial so the cost of travel may be greater than the amount of your suit and you cannot recover the travel expenses in a case of this type.
Dave Kennett and 2 other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you