How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TexLaw Your Own Question
TexLaw, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 4430
Experience:  Internationational Commercial Attorney
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
TexLaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my husband & I own a small shop. He didnt file for the sales

This answer was rated:

my husband & I own a small shop. He didn't file for the sales tax with the Board of Equalization for the past 3 quarters & we got revocation notice. The reason he didn't file was business was very slow and we could hardly make rent and survive. We got visited by an agent. have an appt to go c him next week. what are our options? Can we ask for a pmnt plan?


What state are you in?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.


Thank you for your reply.

You can file a request for relief from a penalty by registering as an "eClient" and then selecting and fillling out the section for "request for relief from penalty".

After doing this, you should contact the BOE and follow up with them for relief and request a payment plan. While the BOE is not obligated to do so, if this is your first violation they will likely allow you to get onto a payment plan.

TexLaw and 3 other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you!