How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 116785
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

For PaulMJD only, I have been speaking to you about the transmission

Resolved Question:

For PaulMJD only, I have been speaking to you about the transmission place that I won the lawsuit. I had a friend call them to see if they accept a check, and they a have alternator for 36.00 I was thinking of having him write a check and buying it just to buy something from them, and when they cash it seeing if his bank will tell him where the bank that cashed it at! I was going to have them do this to locate the bank, can the courts go after them if they know the bank but not bank account number? Is this a good way of doing it? Most banks probably would not tell the bank account number but having the bank would be a a lot of information.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 years ago.
All you need is the actual name of the bank, not even the branch, to apply for a writ of seizure to seize or levy their bank accounts. Once you have that information, you file the motion for writ of seizure and you state you want an order of seizure for all accounts in the name of "business" at XYZ bank. When the sheriff serves that on the bank they will look up the accounts by name and freeze them immediately, then they notify the owner and tell them they have 15 days to file for a release in court or the funds will be sent to you to satisfy your judgment. It is not likely the court would release the accounts without him paying you, so even if he objects, you generally will get paid either way.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

If you did not get all of the information you may have wanted PLEASE USE THE REPLY TO EXPERT LINK IF YOU HAVE FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND NOT THE FEEDBACK BUTTON FOR BAD SERVICE. PLEASE CLICK ON “OK,” “GOOD” or “EXCELLENT” SERVICE. Kindly remember to ONLY rate my answer when you are fully satisfied. If you feel the need to rate anything less than OK, please stop and reply to me via the or REPLY TO EXPERT button with whatever issue or clarification you may need.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.


There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Law Educator, Esq. and 3 other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you