Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

if a person has a car insurance policy,adds a teenage daughter

to it,down the road a...
if a person has a car insurance policy,adds a teenage daughter to it,down the road a few months the daughter doesn't have a car anymore to drive,and you want to cancel her off of your policy,can the company tell you that no you cannot cancel her policy and keep collecting the monthly payments
2/2/2013
Loren, Attorney
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am LawGuy and I will do whatever I can to answer your question.

All licensed drivers in a household need to be added to an auto liability policy. Obviously, you can drop a vehicle you no longer own, but any licensed family member living in your household must be included on your policy. Otherwise, an insurance company could find itself liable for coverage of someone as a permissive driver of your vehicle even though you pay no premium for the insurance company to cover the risk.

I hope this answers your question.

It has been my privilege to assist you. Please remember to rate my answer when our communication is completed so I will be compensated for my time in providing you with the information you requested. If you feel the need to provide a low rating, please stop and reply to me via the REPLY or CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with whatever issue or clarification you may need. I will happily answer your follow-up questions and assist you until I am able to explain the answer to your satisfaction. Please also remember that I cannot control whether the law is favorable to your situation, so please do not penalize me for having to deliver bad news.

LawGuy

When you receive a Customer Satisfaction Survey from JA/Pearl, please do rate me highly (8-10). It benefits my ability to assist you and other customers and would be most appreciated.
Loren, Attorney
Thank you for your positive rating of my service. It has been my privilege to assist you and I hope you will ask for me (LawGuy) on JA/Pearl should the need arise in the future.

Please feel free to bookmark the following link so you can request me to answer any future legal questions you may have:
http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-lawguy/

Good luck.

LawGuy

When you receive a Customer Satisfaction Survey from JA/Pearl, please do rate me highly (8-10).  It benefits my ability to assist you and other customers and would be most appreciated.

Loren, Attorney