How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 116816
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

So I have won a court decision on a faulty transmission that

Resolved Question:

So I have won a court decision on a faulty transmission that was sold to me by a salvage yard, and the judge awarded me 1200.00. Since I have sued the business, and realizing that it is going to be hard to make them pay. Is it possible, to take the owner back to court to sue him, since I know I will have a better shot at getting the money. Or can I not sue him since, I have already went after the business. What's best way to put pressure on making this business pay me. The court told me the order of examination and all that is left on me. How do I really put the pressure on getting my money back, I don't want to let them know what I plan on doing, I want to catch them blind sided and start the process. What is best way to collect?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 years ago.
No, I am afraid that the owner is not personally liable for debts of the business and you also only get one chance to sue over this incident, which you have done. However, as it is a business you can file a motion to execute on judgment and a writ of seizure to seize assets or even bank accounts of the business to satisfy your judgment, which is how you execute on a judgment legally. You do not need to notify them when you file for a writ of seizure of property, but you do have to actually identify the bank where their accounts are that you are looking to seize or the specific property of the business you are looking to seize. Once the court grants the writ, you give it to the sheriff who goes out and serves it and seizes the property without notice to the business until they show up and make the seizure.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

If you did not get all of the information you may have wanted PLEASE USE THE REPLY TO EXPERT LINK IF YOU HAVE FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND NOT THE FEEDBACK BUTTON FOR BAD SERVICE. PLEASE CLICK ON “OK,” “GOOD” or “EXCELLENT” SERVICE. Kindly remember to ONLY rate my answer when you are fully satisfied. If you feel the need to rate anything less than OK, please stop and reply to me via the or REPLY TO EXPERT button with whatever issue or clarification you may need.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.


There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Law Educator, Esq. and other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
So maybe it is a good thing that I did go after the business then, to freeze the assets? So would you recommend the writ of seizure to seize assets or the credit examination because I know I will not be able to find out where they bank! Not unless I have friend go in there and buy soemthing cheap and write a check and see where they cash it? What do I need to do to start the writ of seizure, thank you so much for your help! God Bless you, please always look out for my questions, I want you to be the guy that answers them!!
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 years ago.
Yes, it is a good thing you sued the business, since they sold you the faulty transmission and they really are the party legally responsible. If you do not know where they bank and do not know of any assets on their property you could seize to satisfy the judgment, then you would use the debtor's examination to locate their accounts, but this would clue them in. However, if you did use a friend to make a check purchase from them to see what bank they deposit it in, this would give you the information they are seeking.

If you want me in the future, please in your headline just put "For PaulMJD only..." and I will be sure to see them and will be sure to get them because I will be notified by other experts as well that you are looking for me.
Law Educator, Esq. and other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I got two qustions for you waiting Cool There is no subject line, Ihave to type (For PaulMJD only) at the beginning of the sentance so it shows up first to know that I am asking fore you. Not to be too personal do you get paid per question, if I may ask? I just want to make sure that it is in your favor! I have a unlimited membership and didn't know if you get paid per question, since I am expert as well, but have not started doing this for money!!!
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 years ago.
I got them and I am getting there. We are paid only for when the customer clicks on "accept" or "excellent feedback" etc. Also, you need to be careful not to overuse your subscription because if a customer gives excessive accepts or asks follow up questions as new questions customer service can flag your account and threaten to close it for excessive use. As long as the questions are legitimate and you do not go overboard with accepting multiple times in one thread, they are generally okay with it and you can contact customer service and they can explain if you have any other subscription questions or issues.
Law Educator, Esq. and other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I sent you a seperate quesiton only for you, please answer when you receive!
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 years ago.
I think I answered you. Thank you.

Related Business Law Questions