How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Loren Your Own Question
Loren, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 34503
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients .
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Loren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hello JA: I have a S Corporation in the State of Illinois.

This answer was rated:

Hello JA: I have a S Corporation in the State of Illinois. It was recently "dissolved" by the state. Can it be re-instated? Thanks, Dave
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am LawGuy and I will do whatever I can to answer your question.

Yes, assuming the name is XXXXX XXXXX you can file for reinstatement with the secretary of state along with the missing years of annual reports and fees and penalties. Your corporation will then be reinstated.

The forms are available at the following link:

Call the phone number for the Sec of State which is on the reinstatement form and they will tell you how much money you need to send in to reinstate.

I hope this answers your question.

Loren and 2 other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you
Thank you for your positive rating of my service. It has been my privilege to assist you and I hope you will ask for me (LawGuy) on JA/Pearl should the need arise in the future.

Please feel free to bookmark the following link so you can request me to answer any future legal questions you may have:

Good luck.