Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

I am considering setting up an LLC for purchases and investments.

I do not want an...
I am considering setting up an LLC for purchases and investments. I do not want an automobile to be in my name for instance for one of two reasons my ex-abusive boyfriend stalked me and may try to keep that up..also I had a dui, I have to be able to drive whenever i get mysituation and license again. Do you recommend an LLC for purchases such as this? Pros and Cons please thank you.
1/3/2013
MShore Law
MShore Law, Attorney
Thank you for the post, I am happy to assist you by answering your questions. Is this going to be a single person business?

Yes, at this time,but I am probaly going to have what I had previously a small property mangement company...THE MAIN CONCERN IS TH X STALKER at this time...What do rental car agencies do for instance??>????>

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX would be the preferred structure right now due to the simplicity of the structure and management, coupled with absolution of personal liability. Owning a vehicle through the LLC registered in a state that allows anonymity of LLC ownership (e.g. Delaware or Nevada) would shield you from exposure to the stalker. Please let me know if you need additional guidance or have any follow up questions.
MShore Law
MShore Law, Attorney

ok...I will think more about your answer. Thank you very much.

ok I will think more about your answer. Thank you very much.

Thank you, let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Hello again.

The ex-stalker is still stalking..via internet. He keeps finding ways to go around me. I do not want to change my e-mail site..Of course what happens is just as what happened when I was with him. He starts something to intimidate me or plays with things he knows will upset me and then I jump in. I have been pretty good about letting most things go, but he was really a horrible person. It turned out. He was well respected in a very wealthy 2nd-home neighborhood surrounded my multi-millionaire homes. He is the PRESIDENT OF THE ASSOCIATION. Of course you can guess these homes were located out by them-selves..Very few year round neighbors in an very upscale skiing location.

Anyway, he terrified me, and after becoming an alcoholic , I think, I ended up driving into a tree. Idid not die..too bad for him. I am still mentally recovering. I have gained weight and slowly getting stronger. He knows this. He knows I discovered letters of others he abused. No, I did not keep the letters, too scared..I literally escaped. I left my great-grandmothers "Limouge China", plate settings that go back to the 1800's, furnishings, etc. (My family once came from money, some of the original settlers to Texas) I am not normaly a name dropper, because I was raised not to be..but they grew up with the "Hilton's" in E Paso, Texas, went to lunch with General Patton's wife, etc. He obviously , now that I understand, used me for these reasons.

I am figuring the best place for "positioning:" myself. He has e-mailed how the homes he bought.. one in Sedona Arizona and one in Colorado were intended for "us". I was with him for twelve years. He is wealthy. I do not know how wealthy. He paid $1.7 million cash for the home in Colorado and approximately $600,00 for Sedona. Both of which he had to completely redo to his wants...anyway, where is the best place for strategy I guess. Thank you.

What do you mean by "positioning?"

Is there a better place to file a Civil Suit , Lien against his property and or Letter of Demand listing the items which I went through. No I never turned him in nor did any of the others. He made sure of this. I am the only one who has stood up to him so far.

HIS REPUTATION IS EVERYTHING. THAT IS HIS VALUE. He has worked on this for years in this location in Colorado.

My point is, if he is indicating purchasing properties on our behalves in both Arizona and Colorado. Is one location better than the other to file paperwork and or higher an attorney.HE WILL NOT WANT ANYTHING PUT ON RECORD. I am thinking Colorado, but as I said he is still harassing me in South Carolina. I have not put a restraining order on him because of my 82 year old father and that this matter has ruined my life. I used to be fairly respected myself in Colorado. I did not have his power.

Thank you Kathryn, which state does he consider his state of primary residence?

Colorado

Thank you, then that would be the best location for your contemplated suit as it has primary personal jurisdiction over him.
MShore Law
MShore Law
MShore Law, Attorney