Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.
Thank you for your answer. I have spoken to Nev SOS and have the form to file. I have also spoken to my registered agent in Nevada about the decision. I had some concerns as to whether I should wait to cut off the mail address with the agent until filing fedederal tax returns etc. Do you have advice on that situation?
Sorry - just one more question . I understand that I can just let this sit dormant and in default for a time. My agent suggested this. Since I am not in revoked status, I can file the dissolution without paying for the officer's update/license etc fees, but the SOS said there could be legal issues to doing this. This is a family business so everything is just pretty much my decision, but there are family members named as officers and director. I considered doing that filing just to get all other names out of the mix, but am reluctant to pay the $500 fee to do this. Is there any advantage if I just delay and leave it dormant for a time so that I still have an option to do that, vs. just doing a dissolution now?