How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dimitry K., Esq. Your Own Question
Dimitry K., Esq.
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 41221
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Dimitry K., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I formed a new corporation in Delaware last year in January.

This answer was rated:

I formed a new corporation in Delaware last year in January. I understand that I need to file an annual report and pay a fee to the State Corporation at this time. Could you tell me what I need to file, and possibly give me the direct links to do so online?

In addition, it was originally setup as a C corporation where I owned all the shares, but I have since allocated 25% of the shares to my partner. Am I correct I should add the new officer, and the number of shares they hold when I file the new annual report?

Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you this morning.

To answer your second point first, you do need to file formal "Articles of Amendment" which would show the new ownership split to the State. Here is the link to that form:

As for filing an annual report, the state of Delaware makes the process fairly easy. Just follow the link below and file the whole report online--just follow the instructions, have a payment of $125 ready, and once you finish, you will be compliant:

Good luck!

Dimitry K., Esq. and 3 other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you