Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
10285032

Im going into a partnership agreement with 3 other people.

Customer Question

I'm going into a partnership agreement with 3 other people. Each of us will own 25% of the company. Two of the partners will invest the capital to for start up, the other will invest his experience in the filed of operations and sales. I will be providing my C10 electrical License of 15years and experience in oder to start and run the company. Without my certifications the company can not get starter.
What are the most important things I should be looking for in order to cover and be protected?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 years ago.
You need to be looking to have a buyout clause to prevent them from simply removing you from the partnership. Because your license is necessary for operation of the partnership it should state in the agreement that any decisions regarding professional determinations are your sole discretion as license owner. Also, you need to make it clear that because the license is required for the partnership, your membership in the partnership will not be impaired or infringed upon and you cannot be removed without dissolution of the partnership.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

If you did not get all of the information you may have wanted PLEASE USE THE REPLY TO EXPERT LINK IF YOU HAVE FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND NOT THE FEEDBACK BUTTON FOR BAD SERVICE. PLEASE CLICK ON “OK,” “GOOD” or “EXCELLENT” SERVICE. Kindly remember to ONLY rate my answer when you are fully satisfied. If you feel the need to rate anything less than OK, please stop and reply to me via the or REPLY TO EXPERT button with whatever issue or clarification you may need.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT AND BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”