How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 116716
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My question is about the internet. there is an individual who

This answer was rated:

My question is about the internet. there is an individual who is making public my business arrangement with him. He decided that if he was to tell about our situation about a business deal we have. He could get me to corporate with him.
Although his facts are not all incorrect he is painting me and the situation in such a negative way that the people responding to his posts on the forum he is using are only negative and they are encouraging him to continue to harass e and even start spreading the info to other forums i frequent. it's total harassment on his part to get e to pay him some money that i agreed with him i owe him. all this was done in private and because he didn't receive the money fast enough he decided to start the harassment. He is tarnishing my reputation. To e this is between him and me and not anyone else. He has used my name and now they have my phone number posted there as well.

What should i do to stop him.
I am afraid that unless you had a non-disclosure/confidentiality agreement with him in writing, there is no duty of confidentiality to prevent him from disclosing the contents of the agreement. However, if he is making known false statements about you and these statements are now causing you damage, you have a right to file suit against him for defamation/slander/libel and as part of the suit you would get a restraining order to prevent him from continuing to make such false statements about you. You cannot stop him from making truthful statements or from stating his opinion about you, but you can prevent him from making any statements that he knows are false when he makes them and this is your remaining recourse, file suit against him and get the restraining order, which you could also serve on the internet forums to have them ordered to remove the false posts as well.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

If you did not get all of the information you may have wanted PLEASE USE THE REPLY TO EXPERT LINK IF YOU HAVE FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND NOT THE FEEDBACK BUTTON FOR BAD SERVICE. PLEASE CLICK ON “OK,” “GOOD” or “EXCELLENT” SERVICE. Kindly remember to ONLY rate my answer when you are fully satisfied. If you feel the need to rate anything less than OK, please stop and reply to me via the or REPLY TO EXPERT button with whatever issue or clarification you may need.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.


There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Law Educator, Esq. and 2 other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Business Law Questions