Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
10285032

I have a non profit organization called Senior Help LLC. I

I have a non profit organization called Senior Help LLC. I have not applied for the tax exempt status. If I apply for tax exempt status I understand I can get mail at a discount down to around 14 cents. Can I use this discount to send out postcards to senior citizens and then sell the leads to insurance agents.The insurance agents will be going to help the seniors decide what is best for them as far as medicare and what they may qualify for. The profit we make from the sell of the cards will be what funds the non profit. We will use the money to help seniors with free information and even use the profits to send representatives out to help them with certain needs
Yes, as long as you are using your mail permit to send out cards for the purpose of your non-profit group and not to solicit them for a for profit enterprise. If you are selling lists of people to commercial entities after the fact that is up to you as long as you let the seniors know that you will be providing information to other parties and give them the permission to opt out. However, you cannot use your non-profit status to send out cards soliciting business for a for profit entity even if the for profit entity may be giving you money for funding.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

If you did not get all of the information you may have wanted PLEASE USE THE REPLY TO EXPERT LINK IF YOU HAVE FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND NOT THE FEEDBACK BUTTON FOR BAD SERVICE. PLEASE CLICK ON “OK,” “GOOD” or “EXCELLENT” SERVICE. Kindly remember to ONLY rate my answer when you are fully satisfied. If you feel the need to rate anything less than OK, please stop and reply to me via the or REPLY TO EXPERT button with whatever issue or clarification you may need.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT AND BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”