How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Damien Bosco Your Own Question
Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 2760
Experience:  Helping you with your legal questions.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Damien Bosco is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In New York what forms need to completed when a corporation

This answer was rated:

In New York what forms need to completed when a corporation is purchasing the assets of another corporation and what to use the assets of the purchased corporation as a DBA?
Hi and Welcome! My name is XXXXX XXXXX will be assisting you. I am happy to help you. You would need an asset purchase agreement. You may be able to see a sample of one on line. But you would have to draft it specifically for your situation. Also, if the purchasing entity needs to incorporate, you would need to do that through the state department and also inform them of the dba. I hope this helps you. Regards, Damien
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Damiem Thanks The purchasing entity is incorporated. My question was what form or process is required by the state of new york to inform them of the DBA status of the entity that the assets were purchased from.

Hi again. It is called a certificate of assumed name. See Section 130 of the general business law. You should be able to get the certificate from the division of corporation of the state department website.I hope this helps you. Regards, Damien
Damien Bosco and 2 other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you