How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TexLaw Your Own Question
TexLaw, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 4430
Experience:  Internationational Commercial Attorney
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
TexLaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need an S-Corp filed by the end of 2012. Bizfilings $492

This answer was rated:

I need an S-Corp filed by the end of 2012. Bizfilings $492 initial package to incorporate wants an extra $489.00 for a rush charge, they noted ($350.00 of it is a government rush fee), but I can't find this fee listed on the CA SoS website. So, is that correct State of CA charges $350.00 to rush file articles of incorporation, and is it guaranteed to get filed if the $350 rush fee is paid.

I'm selling paralegal services/time -- could I incorporate in Delaware or Nevada instead? Although, might run into the same rush filing scenario in those states?

Yes, I know I should look this all up myself, but I'm out of time.

Filing an S-Corp is a matter of filing the articles of incorporation ($100)(

and then asking for expedited service ($350) (

If you follow the directions on the page it is guaranteed to be filed.

You can also incorporate in Delaware or Nevada, but if you are doing business in California and need to have your bank account in California, you are going to then have to file as a foreign corporation. The savings on the franchise taxes might be worth this in the end, but as you are in a rush, this might be hard to expedite.

TexLaw and 2 other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Business Law Questions