Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

If you pay a company claiming to be a securities firm that

Customer Question
can make you money but...
If you pay a company claiming to be a securities firm that can make you money but you have to pay a $5,000.00 up front legal fee to gain a contract, then you pay the fee via wire, get the contract, there is non performance and you find out that the firm is not a securiteis firm and are impersonating one. What grounds or laws or statutes has this firm broken?
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Business Law
12/3/2012
Business Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 4 years ago
You have several potential grounds. The first ground is breach of contract, which is what you would sue them over. Second, you would have a right to file a complaint with the Securities and Exchange Commission, SEC, for violations of not being a licensed broker selling securities. Furthermore, this is a likely theft by fraud which would be investigated and prosecuted by the district attorney as well, if they are in FL. If they are not in FL, then you would file the complaint only with the SEC and the state where they are located for the theft by fraud charges. You can also sue them in court to recover your fees back for their breach.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

If you did not get all of the information you may have wanted PLEASE USE THE REPLY TO EXPERT LINK IF YOU HAVE FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND NOT THE FEEDBACK BUTTON FOR BAD SERVICE. PLEASE CLICK ON “OK,” “GOOD” or “EXCELLENT” SERVICE. Kindly remember to ONLY rate my answer when you are fully satisfied. If you feel the need to rate anything less than OK, please stop and reply to me via the or REPLY TO EXPERT button with whatever issue or clarification you may need.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT AND BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney