Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

Resent my contract to you. hope you get it. I was just contacted

by the merchant today and...
Resent my contract to you. hope you get it. I was just contacted by the merchant today and wants to talk about working out something? She I talk to him or cancel the phone call. He is a BIG salesman and I am a bit afraid. What should I say. He has the demand letter and knows that I have reported him to the FTC and told him that I and my lawyer (friend in AL) are having trouble finding where he is INC. His addresses are in CA. and IL. Name of Company. elite Ecoach Making Cyber Money INC. He was alert !!! What should I do???
11/3/2012
Shurmust
Shurmust, Attorney

Shurmust :

Who did you resend your contract to? I am happy to help you, but I am not sure if you working with another expert?

Customer:

Yes, Law Pro. Don't know his name but he was looking for the contract. But I have not heard from him on talking with the owner of the Internet company that I have a fraud case against. Any suggestions?

Shurmust :

I am not Law Pro. I will send him a message stating you are requesting him.

Shurmust
Shurmust, Attorney
Wendy-Mod
Hi, I am a moderator for this topic. It seems the Professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Wendy

I am waiting for Law Pro to review a contract for me. He has not recieved it yet. The Merchant wants to talk about working out. He is good with words and sales man with I sent him demand letter that her did not respond to. He has an Internet company the case it Internet fraud. I don't want to talk to him. I don't know what to do. It states on the contract that he is INC. In CA and IL. but a lawyer friend in AL (that can't work this case in TN) looked and could not find that he in INC in either state. I told him on the demand letter that I would report him to FTC and the BBB in CA and IL. And that we can't find that he is INC. Then I get the phone yesterday on work something out. I just want my refund on my credit card of $ 8, 570.00.

Thanks Susan

I will take a new professional please. I need a fast response and to know what I need to do fast!

Susan

Thank you for your patience. We will continue the search for a Professional for you.
Fran-mod
Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the Professional with the right expertise to come online. Feel free to let us know if you would like us to continue searching for a Professional or if you would like us to close your question. Thank you for your understanding!

Yes, I need an answer today on if I should or should not talk to the person I am filing a case against. He wants to talk Tuesday at noon. He is very mean and great at selling. I am not I should talk with him. I sent a demand letter that he did not follow through on. He knows that I filed a report to the FTC and knows that a lawyer friend of mine researched and can't find that he is INC. in the two states listed on the electronic contract. He has not refunded my money since June 2012.

Susan

Relist: Incomplete answer.
CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney

I would like to assist you with your legal issue today. Unfortunately, I cannot provide you with specific legal advice (I cannot form an attorney/client relationship, nor do I have sufficient facts to form a complete legal opinion), but I can provide you with general legal information to assist you with evaluating your situation.

Regarding locating a corporation, every state has a Secretary of State which keeps track of corporations and LLCs incorporated in that state (California's is very easy to use, find the Sec. of State's website and use their Business entity search - most other states are like this, we use these to track down businesses for service of process regularly).

With regards XXXXX XXXXX credit card purchase, sometimes there is a way to get assistance or compensation through your credit card company (part of the high interest rate goes towards a type of guarantee on certain sales), this is fact specific, but it is worth checking into.

You say that you are going to meet with the individual you believe defrauded you. I have no information on this individual and cannot provide you with any advice on this. I can tell you the following: (1) you will not compromise your claim by either avoiding the meeting or going to the meeting; (2) you can compromise your claim by entering into a second contract with the individual, a new or ratified contract will take the place of an old one; (3) sometimes it is easier to negotiate a settlement that you can live with as opposed to what you believe you are entitled to as opposed to litigating a matter through to a judgment.

None of the above is meant to say that you do not have a claim (I cannot tell from the facts, nor can I give you that advice from this forum). If you do have a claim and wish to pursue it, I would advise you to consider 3 things (1) the value of your claim - how much you expect to get back (2) how much it will cost you to go to court - attorney's fees costs etc.; and (3) how much it will cost you if you lose.

I hope the above is helpful, please let me know if you need further information. If I did fully answer your question, I would appreciate it if you would rate my response, my performance is graded based on your input.

Best regards, XXXXX XXXXX of luck. I am sorry to hear of your unfortunate situation.
CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney