Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

Hello, I would like to import some digital clocks from

Hello, I would like to...

I would like to import some digital clocks from China. The manufacturer said they can ship by sea, but that i would need to clear the shipment and claim the shipment in New York. I have no experience in this area. Does anyone know what are the exact steps to claiming shipment from a New York port if I am not located in New York. Thanks.
11/2/2012
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Attorney
You would.be best served by engaging a.customs broker in this matter. A customs broker can handle.all of.the paperwork and formalities.for.you. The broker can also take.charge of the physical whereabouts of.your clocks, ensuring they get moved off the ship, processed through customs, and the into the hands of a.freight forwarder, such as UPS, who can ship them to you from New York to.wherever you are located in the United States.

Good luck to.you. I wish you all the best.
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Attorney
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Attorney