WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced business lawyer.
62735101

If I am filing for a new LLC instead of doing it in my name,

If I am filing for a new LLC instead of doing it in my name, can I have it in the name of another LLC I currently own ?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 4 years ago.
Yes you can, because under Mississippi law, one LLC can be the member (or owner in this case) of another LLC. So the articles of organization for the LLC that you file with the Mississippi Secretary of State would show the name of your currently existing LLC as the member that was going to hold all of the membership interest. A real person, i.e., you would have to sign the document on behalf of the existing LLC that was forming the new LLC. Or you could appoint a delegate to do it and that way your name would not show on the paperwork at all.

Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.