Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

What are the power vested in the CEO of a company

Answered in 1 hour by:
10/5/2012
LawHelpNow
LawHelpNow, Attorney/Lawyer

Thank you so much for this opportunity to try and be of service to you today.

I am a licensed attorney and will do my best to provide you an honest and accurate answer to your important legal question.

QUESTION: "What are the power vested in the CEO of a company"

ANSWER: Barbados law takes an interesting approach in addressing certain powers and duties that can be delegated. Likewise, some remain with corporate directors personally and cannot be easily delegated. Now, when to comes to the Chief Executive Officer specifically, he or she enjoys the following powers: (1) act as Administrative Officer; (2) take charge of corporate staff, organization and operations; (3) function as Corporate Secretary; and (4) be an ex-officio member of the Board of Directors. Statutory authority can be found in the Companies Act of Barbados codified at Chapter 308 of the Laws of Barbados.

I truly hope all works out for you.

LawHelpNow
LawHelpNow, Attorney/Lawyer
LawHelpNow
LawHelpNow
LawHelpNow, Attorney/Lawyer