How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Richard Your Own Question
Richard, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 55605
Experience:  32 years of experience practicing law and a businessman.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Richard is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We are totally digusted with Globe Life Insurance. Our son

This answer was rated:

We are totally disgusted with Globe Life Insurance.


Our son died in June and they received our final death certificate in August. They always admitted received the paperwork via our sending it requiring a signature and return receipt requested.


Each time we call, we get a different story. My husband finally contacted BBB who said continue to call but submit a complaint to them. GL has received questions from BBB and they now falsely claim they only have a pending death certificate, which is not true. This is another stall tactic, and the GL reps. said they cannot give us info, the matter is with their legal department. Should we contact a firm like 'CFLID or Center for Life Insurance Disputes' and have them pursue it.

Welcome! My goal is to do my very best to understand your situation and to provide a full and complete answer for you.

Good morning. You want to raise the stakes on them. First, contact the state insurance board and give them the full background. Second, file suit against GL. Under the state insurance statute, insurance companies are subject to punitive damages over and above policy amounts if they fail to reasonably settle. I can assure you the foregoing steps will get your claim paid quickly.

I hope this
has given you information that has been helpful to you. If the information
seems more general than
specific, please be aware that we are only allowed to
provide information and not specific advice.
If you have a follow-up question, please remember that
there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because
I may be helping others or taking a break.

If you do have any additional questions about my answer
please simply ask a follow up question without rating so I can provide
you with a fully satisfactory answer.
Please be aware that any rating of 1 or 2 is
reflected as a negative rating, reflects negatively on my performance, and I
receive no credit for my answers.

Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you. Please be
aware that the information provided here is not legal advice. Rather it is
simply general information. All states have intricacies in their laws and any
information given is simply information only and specifically is not

intended to be, nor does it constitute, legal
advice. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship
with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Than you for your feedback.
In addition to filing a complaint with the BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU in Oklahoma because GL is based there; we also sent in a complaint to the OID or OKLAHOMA INSURANCE COMMISSION - Consumer Assistance Claims Division. Since we live in NJ, we felt the 2 above agencies within the same State would act more quickly.

In your opinion we should obtain a lawyer to file legal suit. After incurring large funeral fees already, would this be costly upfront fees or will the above 2 steps push GL into paying.

Yes, a lawyer filing suit should speed this along. It's likely not to be that expensive because simply filing the suit should be sufficient to get them to move quickly. If money is a concern, I would suggest you go to your nearest law school. Most of them
have legal clinics that are run by law students and supervised by law
professors that will take cases such as yours on a pro-bono basis to help the
students, who are idealistic, energetic, and very bright, get experience while
under the watchful tutelage of their law professors.
Richard and 3 other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Would like to address another question to the the Just Answer representative "Seeking To Render Aid"? ,
Good morning. How can I help?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
As suggested, I contacted my local New Jersey State Banking & Insurance Dept. on 10/2 and they told me to submit my complaint letter which as been done. The letter contains the Globe Life Policy number and the year it was activated which was 1998, and paid up to date.

The supervisor said someone would be in touch we me this week, and hold off on an attorney and let them do their job first because they are the ENFORCERS of life insurance law. Also, I had contacted the Oklahoma State insurance Dept in late Sept. and they said they had already sent a lettter to Globe Life since their based in that city.

Also, Globe Life received my complaint from BBB, and fron that point the reps would no longer speak with me. However, I continue to access my claim status on their website.

In the past, whenever I logon to the site under the column POLICY STATUS, it always said CLAIM PENDING'.....

As of yesterday, it now reads, "CLAIM COMPLETED"

What is your opinion about that change?,
It means one of two things....either they have decided to pay the claim and the check is in transit or they have closed this. It's unlikely to be the latter as they clearly owe the money. I would send them a letter by certified mail, copying the state insurance board, detailing the entire history and asking for an explanation of the "claim completed." If not satisfactory...i.e., the check is not on the way...file your suit.