How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Attorney Arcadier Your Own Question
Attorney Arcadier
Attorney Arcadier, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 1106
Experience:  Contract questions and Incorporation questions answered.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Attorney Arcadier is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In california, can you use a general partnership agreement

Customer Question

In california, can you use a general partnership agreement between two parties to bind a corporation with just one party? For example, if things head south with the partnership agreement, could you use that to levy the corporation?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Attorney Arcadier replied 4 years ago.
No. You can levy the partner's interests in the corporation only.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

So, if they're the only interest in the corporation at that time, then the partner of the partnership can levy ALL of the corporation?


***Also wanted to add, the corporation and the partnership's name are all the same with both parties on the partnership but only one of the partners on the corporation.

Expert:  Attorney Arcadier replied 4 years ago.
So long as the agreement says so

Related Business Law Questions