Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

Good morning and thank you, XXXXX XXXXX Master finished a Child

Support Report in 2008, he...
Good morning and thank you, XXXXX XXXXX Master finished a Child Support Report in 2008, he did not submit it to the Court. My lawyer at the time was already off the case. I have requested the Special Master to submit the report, he still hasn't. He called the Court, now there is a Delay Prevention. What "pleading'?? would I need to promptly submit this report to the court? I am in Virgnia.(PS, I had submitted to the Special Master the numerous public docs showing the former husband hiding funds until the report was finished, the Special Master sent the report to the former husband and not to me)
9/4/2012
You have to file a Praecipe and Motion to compel Production of the Special Master Report in the court and ask the court to order the report be produced. In your motion you would explain that the report was submitted to your ex husband but has neglected to send it to the court or to you despite your requests for the report. In addition to the motion you would serve your husband with a Request for Production of Documents and ask him to produce the master's report to you. Also, you need to begin filing motions in your case to get the case heard and decided and get your evidence of fraud presented to the court and to get the your case regarding the master's report heard.

I hope you found my answer helpful, but please understand that if you did not get all of the information you may have wanted PLEASE USE THE REPLY TO EXPERT LINK IF YOU HAVE FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND NOT THE FEEDBACK BUTTON FOR BAD SERVICE. PLEASE CLICK ON “OK,” “GOOD” or “EXCELLENT” SERVICE. Kindly remember to ONLY rate my answer when you are fully satisfied. If you feel the need to rate anything less than OK, please stop and reply to me via the or REPLY TO EXPERT button with whatever issue or clarification you may need.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL, LEGAL ANSWERS TAKE MORE THAN “MINUTES” TO PUT TOGETHER AS WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT IT WILL BE MORE THAN “MINUTES” IN SOME CASES BEFORE YOU GET A RESPONSE, BUT BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX Would the motion to get the case heard by an order to compel?

I would hire an attorney there, but my current husband is in Afganistan and I am still fighting for the Home Equity ordered 15 years ago. I must do this the best that I can. Thank you.

You can file a motion for a hearing on the support or a motion for an order to show cause for contempt for not being paid the home equity. Please realize that as we cannot review everything done in the case to date it is a bit difficult to tell you exactly the motion or pleading needed to move your case along and we are just going off the limited information you are telling us. Also, you could consider contacting legal aid there as well to get some assistance in proceeding. The problem with these cases is that there are so many different things going on that resolving them can be just a series of motions that need to be filed and that is why the file needs to be examined.

Thank you. I have filed a comtempt charge on the equity.

I appreciate your quick replies. I will do the best I can from here,The Court had appointed the Special Master to muck through everything and prepare the figures for the Support. It was supposed to be done in 45 days, three years later and countless comtempt threats, it was done.

My youngest child is now in his third year of college. :)

Again, I appreciate the advice. It is a place to start.

This is sad when this takes so long and I am sure he is dragging things out because of the hidden income, but you need to get the matter back into court and you have to be the one to force the hearings now since he is in no rush to move forward.

I have finished everything except a motion to get the case heard and decided.

What would my motion be? any suggestions?

Please

The motion would be a motion for a hearing on whatever is left in the case that has to be decided. In your motion you need to list the issues that have not been decided and state your grounds for why it is now time for a hearing.

Thank you very much; that is understood. My brain is fried and I my six boxes of legal documents are not available. Is there such a thing as a Motion for a Hearing?

My problem is I am unsure of the "Title" I have the body down, it is the type of motion or request that I need to make.

My mind is just overdone.

I know that can get your brain fried. It happens to lawyers all of the time. Yes, if no hearing is scheduled, you can file a motion for a hearing and you need to tell the court what you want the hearing on. the Title is Motion for Hearing on X (whatever you want decided, such as marital property settlement or spousal support or child support).

You Rock! Blessings!

Thank you.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney