Legalease
Legalease, Attorney
Experience:  14 years experience corps, LLC's and partnerships; preparation, negotiation of complex contracts and business agreements
20355756

why is XXXXX oil and gas charging

why is XXXXXX oil and gas charging me operating cost for overriding roylty interest for years

Hi, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

XXXXX Production mary XXXXXXX XXX XXX XXXXX

this is over riding royalty ,i am being charged for production tax,dehydration

transportation fees processors tax . this is a lease in new mexico

san jaun county mineral rights.

Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a professional for you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

it would help if you ask a specific question,then i would know what to

send ...are they in default or not?

Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the Professional with the right expertise to come online. Feel free to let us know if you would like us to continue searching for a Professional or if you would like us to close your question. Thank you for your understanding!

Hello there.

-

Do you have a copy of the lease agreement that you have with the company for the mineral rights? Your entire relationship with the oil company is governed by the terms of your lease documents -- there are no laws that specifically set out how much you are supposed to receive in royalties and whether or not the oil company can take any of that money towards their own operating costs. Your best bet here is to have a local oil and gas lease attorney review your lease documents and review the documents that you have been getting recently to inform you of the costs they are deducting from the royalties. If the section on royalty payments and deductions is not very lengthy, you can copy and paste it into a response box here and I can have a look at it (but if it is several pages long you do need a local lawyer to review it).

-

Please let me know if you have further questions or if you want to put the lease language in a response box.

-

-

MARY

Legalease, Attorney
Experience: 14 years experience corps, LLC's and partnerships; preparation, negotiation of complex contracts and business agreements