How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask John Rosenbaum Your Own Question
John Rosenbaum
John Rosenbaum,
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 3713
Experience:  Senior Associate at White & Case LLP
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
John Rosenbaum is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have an s-corp and do not have myself set up as an employee

This answer was rated:

I have an s-corp and do not have myself set up as an employee yet. This year, I am reporting all my earnings as salary on k1 minus business expenses. I want to set up a Health Savings Account. Can I use the s-corp business checking account for this or do I need a separate account? Also,how do I set up an hsa for myself in this s-corp?

It has to be a separate account because it is a trust account.

It is probably not worth cost and expense to setup the H s a just for you.

I'm sure your accountant will confirm this.

Good luck to you and all the best.
John Rosenbaum and 4 other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you