How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JPEsq Your Own Question
JPEsq, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 5106
Experience:  Experience as both in-house and outside counsel in general business and transactional law
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
JPEsq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was out of the country when my wife moved out of the house,

This answer was rated:

I was out of the country when my wife moved out of the house, abandoning the children. I dropped all contracts and business to fly back to the U.S. I subsequently divorced and have custody of the children. It has been less than a year and want to know, can the business, a corporation, sue her for interference of business or loss as a direct result of her actions.

No, at least not successfully.


Although her actions resulted in your business losing money, it was you (the husband and father) that had to drop business, not you (the business entity). The prima facie case for interference is not present here, and there is no cause of action that would allow a business to recover under these circumstances.


I am sorry, I know this is not what you hoped to hear, and it is somewhat blunt. But this is the reality of the situation, there is no way the business will be able to recover damages in this situation. My policy is to just give the truth, rather than give false hope, only for you to end up more frustrated later. Hopefully you can appreciate that.

JPEsq and 3 other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I thank you for your candor.

Related Business Law Questions