How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask rvlaw Your Own Question
rvlaw, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 8386
Experience:  NYC Trial Attorney 30+ years; Law professor ; BUSINESS LAW; CONTRACTS; TORTS; Arbitrator
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
rvlaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I want to file a motion to strike an inappropriate responsive

This answer was rated:

I want to file a motion to strike an inappropriate responsive pleading. It's been more that two weeks since the innapropriate motion was filed. Should I ask for leave to file?

Hi and welcome.


Absolutely. You really could have done it as soon as you received it. But that's OK. Do it now, but if the MOTION ITSELF was inappropriate, oppose the motion and include in your grounds the "inappropriate" argument.






But remember this is not legal advice. Run the facts with an attorney in your state and discuss this matter with him or her.

To find an attorney, go online to This is a nationwide directory we lawyers use ourselves to find highly qualified legal specialists in various fields of law. These lawyers are NOT in Martindale because they paid to be included. They are there because they are rated as QUALIFIED by other lawyers in their field of expertise and geographic area as it applies to your kind of case. The process is this: other lawyers are asked to fill out questionnaires giving their opinion of the quality of the work of the law firm that ultimately appears in Martindale.

The site is organized geographically and by legal specialty. Consult with two or three and select the one you are most comfortable with. The Martindale listing will have the names of current or past clients. Contact those clients as references for the firm.

Please press 3 or 4 or 5 below so that I may get credit for assisting you.
Please do NOT press 1 or 2 since that will result in a negative rating for me which
you may not have intended If you want further information or clarification,
just ask before you accept my answer and give a rating.
Also, I ask you to be fair in your rating. For instance, these should NOT have received a negative rating:
a. A customer says "I ALREADY KNEW THAT".....but the expert didn't know what the customer knew or didn't know.
b. A customer wants to hear "YES YOU CAN".....but the certified legal expert says "LEGALLY NO YOU CAN'T".
c. The answer is short, but ACCURATE. A customer simply wants a longer answer.
Thank you for reading this and for your consideration. I'm always ready to help further.

rvlaw and 2 other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Another question: what should the motion say. should it say motion for leave to file motion to strike?

Sorry Posts got crossed in computer land

Let's assume it's an answer. Call it


Then in your supporting affidavit, specify the objectionable language


rvlaw and 2 other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you