How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask David L Your Own Question
David L
David L, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 3255
Experience:  Corporate and Business lawyer since 1997
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
David L is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi Im John my ? Is I entered into a business deal with a friend

This answer was rated:

Hi I'm John my ? Is I entered into a business deal with a friend the deal is we invested in a peachtree settlement deal where I invested 20,000 dollars and I would get back 37,000 by mid July we have an agreement the agreement is via text on our smartphones will it hold up in court if I sue him he will not contact me about it I feel he is going to not pay me. I would like to know my options please . Thanks j
Hello and welcome! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you. You can introduce those text messages to establish and support the terms of your agreement. It sounds like your only option at this point would be to file suit, if he will not discuss these issues with you. If there were no other written terms other than those via text, the parties would each testify as to the remaining terms of the agreement. The law might further consider you partners, in which case any other terms of your relationship would be governed by Florida partnership laws.
David L and 4 other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
hi david thanks for the quick reply what kind of council should i get i also don't have any money to pay them up front what should i do .you can call me at XXXXXXXXXX thanks john call anytime
Hi John. Thanks for the follow up reply. We are unable to directly contact customers on this site. You would want to hire a litigation attorney, preferably with experience in business law. I will say that it may be difficult to hire an attorney without a retainer. Partnership disputes can turn into time-consuming litigation with the potential to expend substantial legal fees in the process.

Related Business Law Questions