To: XXXXX XXXXX Only Please-
Re the same matter above, the original Motion To Dismiss docs were marked without prejudice.
On 8/21, we received via regular US mail a
Case Management Statement for the same case# XXXXX
Unlimited Case" (amount exceeds $25,000.)
A Case Management Conference is scheduled on Sept 4, 2012 @ 8:45am Dept C22 Orange County Sup Court Santa Ana, CA
Notice of Intent To Appear by Telephone by Plaintiff's Attorney.
1. Service (to be answered by plaintiffs & cross-complainants only)
that the parties named in this complaint have a default entered against them (Our Company).
2. Trial date- Marked- No trial date has been set, N/A On July 9, 2012 default was entered against (our Company)
3. ADR package was provided as a mandated.
4. Other Issues- States On Jul 26, 2012 Plaintiff applied to court for default judgment to be entered.
The application was made for the court to proceed with the entry of default in lieu of live testimony to expedite the judgment and save judicial and the Plaintiff legal costs.
1. What does All this mean??
2. Do we need to seek local legal counsel at this late date or is this a "done deal"?
3. Is there anything we need to do before the Case Management Conference call on Sept 4th @ 8:45am?
4. Re ADR- We initially wrote letters and contacted the Plaintiff CEO, appropriate management and the Plaintiff's attorney requesting options to settle this issue PRIOR to the legal escalation, however they were not willing to work with us.
Q- Is there anything we need to do with the ADR form?
5. We are a small business and have been severely impacted by this issue financially.
Q. What can we do to protect the business, specifically our General Contractor's license now and for future income because of this judgment??
Thanks for your assistance..