Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

We artifically inseminate animals at a dairy and sell semen

to them. They may be...
We artifically inseminate animals at a dairy and sell semen to them. They may be filing bankruptcy soon and we would like to file a lien. No attorney's can tell us what type of lien it is because we do not supply feed and we are not veterinarians.
8/2/2012
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
There are no liens that apply in your situation without a judgment in place and a judgment wouldn't keep it from being dissolved in bankruptcy. The attorney lawyer that is asking about the security agreement has the right idea and it could be crafted in a way that would give you a priority lien since your work would be the reason the cattle were born in the first place. It's too late now to do it and take a priority though.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don’t hesitate to ask but please do so my clicking on the Reply to Expert tab.

We work for Positive Ratings, please click on one of the top three ratings or one of the Smile Faces, as this would be appreciated. We have recently implemented a new rating and feedback system. Please be aware that you are rating my courtesy and service as a professional, and not necessarily whether you like the information that you are receiving. Please bear in mind I can’t control what the law is and whether it helps you, I can only tell you what it says, and I assume you want truthful information.

PLEASE DO NOT use the rating system to ask for more information or in an attempt to tell the website that you didn’t like the substance of the answer as it gives a NEGATIVE rating to me personally if your rating is one of the lower two.

I believe in giving information that is to the point, but please remember that I can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions or for clarifications. Be very careful about looking at other internet sites that just post generic information without any inquiry into your facts because often those answers are dated, wrong, or wrong as applied to your facts. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney