How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Loren Your Own Question
Loren, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 34092
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients .
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Loren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I transfer ownership of company stock due to retire

This answer was rated:

How do I transfer ownership of company stock due to retirement.
If share certificates are issued you can assign them to the new owner and issue a new share certificate in the new owner's name. Be sure to comply with any rights of first refusal or other obligations you may have in the bylaws or a shareholders' agreement.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I do not think there are any paper certificates, Do I have to provide a written contract to transfer ownership a family member?

You can prepare a simple bill of sale if there are no certificated shares.

There should be a minute book for the corporation. The minute book should have share certificates. Additionally, when you transfer ownership, the new owner should update the minutes regarding officer and directors.
Loren and other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you