How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask kattorney Your Own Question
kattorney, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 1169
Experience:  16 years experience with a concentration in business, corporate and contracts law
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
kattorney is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I want to start a bookkeeping business. I want to charge $100/hr

This answer was rated:

I want to start a bookkeeping business. I want to charge $100/hr for under a 10000 transaction but $200 an hr for over 1000 transactions. I want to be an independent contractor as a bookkeeper. I am not doing payroll or bank reconcilation. I am only doing spreadsheets for balanace sheets, trial balance, and income statements. is this all legal?

thank you.

Kathie Russell :

Yes, this is all perfectly legal. You might want to consider setting up an entity, such as an S corporation or a limited liability company (LLC) for your business. This will protect your personal assets from business issues (and vice versa) and may give you some tax advantages. Please let me know if you want any additional information regarding this matter. Thanks!


what legal issues is there in starting a security guard company?


Kathie Russell :

With a security guard company, there are more licenses and permits that you have to get. Also, there are training issues and, if your guards will be armed, there are gun training and licensing issues. You will also need proper insurance coverages in order to get contracts to provide services.

kattorney and 5 other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Business Law Questions