Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

I am a freelance web developer, just joined an ecommerce company

Customer Question
as a developer and signed...
I am a freelance web developer, just joined an ecommerce company as a developer and signed a Non-compete agreement. Does this mean I cant do web development anymore?
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Business Law
8/1/2012
Business Lawyer: MDLaw, Attorney replied 5 years ago
MDLaw
MDLaw, Attorney
What does the non-compete say?
"As an employee of the Company, you will be expected to abide by the Company’s rules andregulations, acknowledge in writing that you have read and will comply with the Company’sCode of Business Conduct and the Company’s Employee Policy Guidelines. As a conditionof your employment, you will be required to sign and comply with the Company’s form ofEmployee Agreement, which includes a prohibition on the unauthorized use or disclosureof the Company’s confidential or proprietary information, a prohibition against engaging incompetitive activities or soliciting employees of the Company during, and for one year afterthe end of, your employment with the Company, and provisions acknowledging the Company’sownership in, and assigning to the Company all rights to, any inventions developed by youduring your employment with the Company."
Is that the entire agreement? It seems to mention an actual separate agreement.
You are correct, I do not have any information on that.
I can't answer your question without having that information.
Infolawyer, Attorney