MShore Law
MShore Law, Attorney
Experience:  Drafted Negotiated and/or Reviewed Thousands of Commercial Agreements
17924466

my ex wife and i had llc for bodyshop and rental propertys

my ex wife and i had llc for bodyshop and rental propertys i bought her out of bussiness and rentals and llc. now i have been sales tax audited for passed years for the amount of 179.649.21 now can i make her pay her half. looking for a lawyer to help. tony
Thank you for the post, I am happy to assist you by answering your questions. You will likely have to send her a demand letter from your attorney for contribution to the sales tax due, and may have to file suit if she is unwilling to pay of her own volition. Because you own the businesses, the state will pursue you alone. Please let me know if you need additional guidance or have any follow up questions.
Hello Tony, are you able to elaborate on your rating? Specifically, what are you seeking in an answer?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
can her be hold responsable by ny laws
Yes, as I indicated, but in order to compel her payment you would likely have to sue her. The state is only obligated to go after you the current owner.
Tony, do you have any follow up questions? If I have answered your questions, please remember to rate my answers positively. I have no control over the law unfortunately, and I DO NOT receive any credit for answering your questions unless you positively rate my answers.