How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask WiseOwl58 Your Own Question
WiseOwl58, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 3686
Experience:  Experienced business lawyer.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
WiseOwl58 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi I want to form an S corproation in Nevada because they do

This answer was rated:

Hi I want to form an S corproation in Nevada because they do not disclose who the owner is and then have that company run a company in Washington where I am at. How would this work? Any problem setting it up as a S rather than a C corporation for tax purpsoes?
Hello, and thank you for entrusting us with your important legal question about corporate formation.

First, you would incorporate in Nevada. Here is the link to the Nevada Secretary of State where you can do that:

Then, since the company will be run in Washington, you would incorporate a subsidiary of the Nevada corporation in Washington. Here is the link to do that:

In order to be an S-corporation, the shareholders must all be US citizens or permanent residents. If you meet that test, then the Nevada corporation can be an S-corporation with no problem.

Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.
WiseOwl58 and 4 other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you