Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

I want to shut a C Corp of which I am majority stockholder.

There is a loan from...
I want to shut a C Corp of which I am majority stockholder. There is a loan from S Corp, of which I am only stockholder, contributed capital from me and a loss carryforward. C has some cash but not enough to pay S loan. What now ?
7/5/2012
Attorney Arcadier
How many stockholders are there in C Corp. Did you all execute a shareholder agreement?
Yes, every aspect was documented by attorney and accountant
Two stockholders, not related, all aspects were documented by attorney.
Well, you need to follow the shareholder agreement which should delineate how to dissolve and distribute assets, pay back loan, etc.
Attorney Arcadier
Attorney Arcadier
Attorney Arcadier
Attorney Arcadier, Attorney