Attorney Arcadier
Attorney Arcadier, Attorney
Experience:  Contract questions and Incorporation questions answered.
63302635

Employer promised to file H1B but didnt

Hi, I'm a F1 Student in this country-USA. Wipro employer has hired me and promised me that he will file H1B visa for me but he didn't. I was in OPT status and It got expired on May 9th. Now I'm jobless just because of my employer. How can I proceed legally against him?

Attorney Arcadier : If you have a contract that your employer signed that promised you that employer would file for your h1b visa application, then you can sue your employer for breach of contract.
Attorney Arcadier : You would hire an attorney to represent you or to otherwise help you with the filing of the breach of contract complaint.
Customer:

Actually it is not written in the employment agreement letter but they have delayed filing H1B. They have filed LCA incorrectly and delayed whole process because of their carelessness. I have email proofs also. I have the application number in the Wipro system where they accepted to file H1B for me. Can you suggest me from where I can get a lawyer?

Customer:

Hey are you there?

Customer:

Hey you just went offline without realising that I might have more questions.This is really bad....

Attorney Arcadier : it is common for us to go in and out of chats. Please be patient.
Attorney Arcadier : Best place to find a lawyer is at lawyers.com. Best if you can find an attorney that specializes in both immigration and contract law.
Customer:

THANK YOU SOO MUCH