How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 31729
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Do I need a local lawyer, as from the county, nearest bigger

This answer was rated:

Do I need a local lawyer, as from the county, nearest bigger city (i.e. Knoxville, TN) or can I choose from Nashville?
Is an out of state lawfirm a possibility? NY or Atlanta?
I cannot identify any lawfirm that has special competencies in slander, libel, and defamation.

Hi - sorry for the delay.


You need to hire an attorney licensed in Tennessee to handle the case. That can be an attorney from Memphis to Chattanooga. It's cheapest to find a local attorney to handle the claim to cut down on travel time, etc.


Generally, a personal injury attorney would be the appropriate person to handle this kind of case.

Roger and other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Business Law Questions