Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Practicing for over 20 years and helped a number of businesses with litigation.
11068102

I want my blog to be a gossip blog that will contain pictures

I want my blog to be a gossip blog that will contain pictures of celebrities. Can i get these images from internet sources/websites and just attribute the source? Also-at some point i want to place ads on my blog to earn money.
if the above is not legally allowed, what are my options for a celebrity blog?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 5 years ago.
The images of the celebrities are protected by copyright belonging to the photographer and therefore can't be used unless they are designated as being allowed or you get specific permission from the photographer.

The key here is that the copyright belongs to the photographer, not the celebrity.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. As you know, we work on the honor system here and cannot always provide you answers that you like but I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked.

I believe in giving information that is to the point, but please remember that I can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions or for clarifications. Be very careful about looking at other internet sites that just post generic information without any inquiry into your facts because often those answers are dated, wrong, or wrong as applied to your facts. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
so is it safe to assume that I will not have a successful gossip blog if I do not have my own inside sources (photographers)?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 5 years ago.
No, you could buy the rights to use photos or look for those that are allowed. Most photographers don't charge a lot just to use their photos once and some do it for free if you attribute. Also, you are allowed to use a lot of the photos on wikipedia and on Google images you can even search for the ones you are allowed to use at https://www.google.com/advanced_image_search