How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask BH Your Own Question
BH, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 313
Experience:  NY and CA Attorney 8+ Years
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
BH is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hello, I am working as an interpreter/translator in the

Resolved Question:


I am working as an interpreter/translator in the UK and I am about to sign a contract with a company based in Germany for a translation project. This would be my first contract with a company abroad and I am not sure how to word it as I don't really know who would I address myself to in case the payments aren't made on time or so. I know that in the UK, I would sort a payment issue, as a last resort in a small claims court, yet under who's jurisdiction does a contract like this would come (court wise)?
I appreciated if you could provide me with as detailed information as possible!

Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  BH replied 5 years ago.

Bridgeth :

Since there are no international courts to govern this type of situation, you would pick the jurisdiction of your choice, which would likely be the UK. Another alternative is to have the contract governed by an international dispute resolution process such as the London Court of International Arbitration.

BH and 2 other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you
Expert:  BH replied 5 years ago.
Thank-you for accepting my answer. I hope that I have sufficiently addressed your concern(s). If you require further assistance, please feel free to contact me directly at [email protected]


Bridget Hauserman, Esq.