MShore Law
MShore Law, Attorney
Experience:  Drafted Negotiated and/or Reviewed Thousands of Commercial Agreements
17924466

i opened a boutique few months ago i did all the investment , my girlfriend used hers time

i opened a boutique few months ago i did all the investment , my girlfriend used hers time and the business is under hers name now we broke up and she is trying to take all
what legal action can i take?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  MShore Law replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for the post, I am happy to assist you by answering your questions. Thank you for the post, you need to sue your girlfriend to enjoin her from taking all assets and operation of the business (i.e. control of the business) effectively forcing you out. Bear in mind that you have an uphill battle because the business is in her name only, and you now need to prove that the intention of the parties, despite the business being in her name, is that the business was to be jointly owned. Please let me know if you have any follow up questions.