How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask kattorney Your Own Question
kattorney, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 1169
Experience:  16 years experience with a concentration in business, corporate and contracts law
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
kattorney is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband reported company violations to his HR office--with

Customer Question

My husband reported company violations to his HR office--with documentation--including being demoted for bringing attention to his immediate supervisor. Within several days,he was taken off that particular job and within one week he was laid off. We have no doubt that this is retaliation for speaking out. We live in CT--do we have any recourse?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  kattorney replied 5 years ago.

Kathie Russell : It depends upon what the violations were for. If they were workplace related, he can file a claim with OSHA (must be filed within 39 days). If it involves wage or labor violations he can file with the state and possibly also federal Departments of Labor. If it is not OSHA related, I would start by going online to the website for your state Dept. of Labor, and they should have a complaint form for you to use.