How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dimitry K., Esq. Your Own Question
Dimitry K., Esq.
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 41221
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Dimitry K., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I want to obtain a LLC for my side business. What is the average

This answer was rated:

I want to obtain a LLC for my side business. What is the average price for a LLC?
How long does it take to get one?

Thank you for your post.

That is a bit of an open-ended question. In which state do you wish to file? Do you wish to file on your own or with an attorney? Please advise as that would directly impact my answer to you. Thank you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I'm in Harris County, Deer Park, Texas. I here about Legalzoom. Don;t know if I should go that way or obtain a lawyer in Deer Park. This business is a carwash.

Thank you for your follow-up.

To be frank while you can use Legalzoom or other sites, you can save money and do it yourself. You can follow three steps.

1. Go to this link below and search to see if your name is taken. If not you can obtain it for yourself:

2. Go here to apply for an EIN (Employer Identification Number):,,id=102767,00.html

3. Go here to download and file the forms necessary for a "for-profit" corporation. The state of Texas charges $300 for the fee: (look to Form 301)

Good luck.

Dimitry K., Esq. and 3 other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you