J.Hazelbaker
J.Hazelbaker, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced and trained in the area of business law.
15393114

Good Afternoon.. i formed an LLC in Michigan Approx. 8 years

Customer Question

Good Afternoon.. i formed an LLC in Michigan Approx. 8 years ago, soon after i formed the co. i was offered a position and have been there ever since.. i am now interested in bringing the company back to life.. Would i be subject to lots of costs and hoop jumping???
Category: Business Law
Expert:  J.Hazelbaker replied 5 years ago.

J.Hazelbaker :

Hello. Thank you for using JustAnswer.

J.Hazelbaker :

You would be subject to annual statement filing fees of $600 and about $400 in late penalties.

J.Hazelbaker :

Given the relatively small filing fee for establishing a new company and 90% less hassle, I'd simply start a new LLC.

J.Hazelbaker :

Please let me know what follow-up questions you have. If my above responses have been helpful, please click Accept so that I get credit for the time/effort. You may always restart the thread and ask follow-up questions at any time by clicking the “Reply” button at the bottom of the question/answer thread. You can access this thread later in your profile under the “My Questions” tab.

Customer:

i

Customer:

would i have to rename it if i re-establish it