Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

Apologies for the long-winded question, but its all related

Customer Question
Apologies for the long-winded question...
Apologies for the long-winded question, but it's all related to LLC formation and maintenance.

1. Originally formed single member LLC in 2011. Have changed business concept, and wish to start a tax planning/financial planning business. Do i need to change LLC to a professional LLC.

2. What are annual requirements to maintain LLC in NYS? (i.e. filing, fees, minutes)

3. What types of licenses are necessary to conduct such business? I am currently a CPA, but have only worked for big firms conducting audit services. I believe my CPA is sufficient, or are there other requirements?
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Business Law
3/13/2012
Business Lawyer: Fran-mod,
 replied 5 years ago
Fran-mod
Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find an Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
yes I'm still waiting. If someone can provide some guidance that would be helpful.
Business Lawyer: Fran-mod,
 replied 5 years ago
Sometimes, finding the right Expert can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly.
Business Lawyer: Michael, Attorney replied 5 years ago
Michael
Michael, Attorney
Hi there, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a business law attorney with experience in all aspects of business law. I'll do my best to assist you.

1. If you are registering a public accountancy firm, you may register as a Professional Services Limited Liability Company. You would have to register an new PLLC with appropriate agencies, transfer any assets from the previous LLC, and report accordingly. You can read more about NY PLLC law here: http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/nycode/LLC/13/1302

2. For an LLC that generates income, there is an annual filing form and fee. The fee varies depending on the income level. You can find more information here: http://www.tax.ny.gov/pit/efile/annual_filing_fee.htm

3. If you're starting a public accountancy firm, you must register as such. You may read more here: http://www.op.nysed.gov/prof/cpa/cpaptrshp.htm . This is a very informative link, and would likely provide you with much of the information you require.

I hope this answer has been helpful. I'd be happy to further clarify my response and follow up with any other questions. If you're satisfied with my answer, remember to hit the "accept" button. Bonuses and positive feedback are always appreciated! -Michael
Michael
Michael, Attorney
Michael
Michael
Michael, Attorney